Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Everything Great in Babyland!

I had not one, but TWO appointments this week. The one I had yesterday was an ultrasound, so I was able to see my baby for the second time. When I first saw his profile in 2d I told Mike that the baby looks like him. HE thought the baby looked liked me! lol! Mom said he looked like me, too. Then they showed us a 4d view of his face. My first reaction was that he looked like me, but the more I looked, I saw Mike. SO, little man looks like BOTH of his parents. This is a good thing.:)

I got to thinking that my baby looked kinda alien like on the ultrasound, then like any NORMAL mother, I started panicking that I was going to have an ugly baby. After talking to several moms, I have found that everyone thinks that and that even right after they are born, moms are terrified at how their baby looks. SO, knowing this, I felt better. :)

Today's appointment was good, too. I did not test positive for gestational diabetes....YAY, I can still eat ice cream, but I have gained ANOTHER 7 pounds!! I cannot figure out where the weight is going! I was told I am still ok and that since I am not swollen, I don't need to worry about my weight. I was also visited with about my blood type. I have a blood type that only 15% of the population has which is A-. They explained that with this blood type, my body could build antibodies against this baby, which would affect future pregnancies. SO, I got a shot to protect this baby and then I will get another shot after he is born. If his blood type is different than mine, he will get a shot before going home. If it is the same, there is no issue. Ok, so I got that taken care of. The nurse was impressed by how well I take my shots!! lol! It's not that I am ok with them, or they don't hurt, it's just that I have figured if I stay relaxed, they don't hurt as bad getting them and then they don't hurt as much later on. So, NO, I do not enjoy them, I've just learned to deal with them.

Daddy has been working on Baby Lewis's room. We are going to do a "sports" theme. He has painted the room a two tone, with khaki on top and navy blue on the bottom. When it dries, he is going to put up a white trim. I think it will look so cute when it is all done! Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment