Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't worry about tomorrow.....

I had another baby appointment today. Everything is still good with the baby. We heard the heartbeat right away with the doppler instead of having to look for it (sigh of relief). The nurse told me I gained 7 pounds since my last visit. I knew I had gained weight, but 7 pounds?!! They were not alarmed, but I wasn't too happy. I am going to have to watch what I eat better this coming month. The last two appointments I hadn't really gained anything, but I guess I have now!

The doctor also talked to me about my first trimester blood tests and then the test I will get to check for diabetes. I have read up on or heard about the diabetes test. OK. No worries. Well....it appears that I have the type of blood that is the opposite of what the baby is. Right now it is not a problem because it is my first pregnancy. She said that I may have complications with future children. Of course, my thought is to not worry about future children, let's just get this one here safe and sound, but now, I am starting to fret.

I think about the verse in the Bible that says, "Do not worry about tomorrow, GOD is already there." I think and mediate on this verse just about daily. As a first time mom, you just don't want to hear, "Your immune system may harm your future children because of your blood type." As much as I want to just concentrate on this baby, I cannot help think that I want this one to have a sibling.

The doctor talked to me about the Rubella Immunization. I guess mine is not current. So, after the baby is born, I am going to receive a booster for Rubella. She says this should help with future pregnancies I may have and not to worry because this is "routine" and she "sees it all of the time". Of course, this is the first time I am hearing ANY of this, so naturally, worry sets in.

"Don't worry" I tell myself, "God is in control." Over and over again.

So, as of right now, I am going to watch what I eat better and concentrate on bringing this baby into the world happy and healthy. I can't worry about future pregnancies right now and really, I shouldn't worry about this one. God is in control and He will not give me anything I cannot handle. I just have to put my trust in Him DAILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment