Saturday, March 20, 2010

Evan Michael Lewis is on his way!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday and I was VERY nervous. I don't know why I was so nervous, but I was.

When I walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was that it was FREEZING! I have been very hot natured lately, so I knew it was cold in there. Add this to the fact that I had on spring clothes and had to have a full bladder for the procedure....momma was miserable!

I laid on the bed and got situated and they put the doppler on me and I saw my baby for the first time since I was 10 weeks pregnant. Boy, had things changed! He looks like like an actually baby and not a pea pod! Momma cried a little bit. Then I started shivering, which was miserable. Part of it was nerves, part of it was being cold. Mom placed both our jackets on me and they put a sheet over me, too. That warmed me up and caused me to want to fall asleep! I also noticed that if I watched the screen, I shivered. If I looked at the wall, I was calm. WEIRD!

The doctor took the pictures they needed. Little Evan was kicking up a storm! Some of which I could feel. There were a few times I had to lay on my side so the doctor could get better views of this and that. Then the doctor asked if we wanted to know the sex. We all said yes! She asked me, then Mike then my mom what we thought it was. Mom said girl, Mike said boy, and I told her I thought girl from the beginning, but lately I had been leaning towards boy. Then I looked up at the screen and noticed something that resembled a little boy part. I looked at the doctor and said, "I'm having a boy, aren't I?" She told us yes! Mom stood there in disbelief and then became overjoyed, Mike was just as excited as all get out going....YES YES YES!!! Me, I had mixed feelings about it. I was happy, but at the same time, my heart desired a daughter.

I am totally pumped, elated, excited, and overjoyed about having a son! Now anyway. Mike was calling of his brothers, sister, mom, and step mom to tell them the good news and momma was letting it sink in. It's not that I didn't want a son, but you have to understand the relationship that MY mom and I have. My mom is my best friend, next to Mike. We talk about everything, have same personalities (pretty much, we are different in some ways), etc. Mike calls us two peas on a pod. I think this is why I wanted a daughter so badly. I wanted to have with a daughter what my mom and I have. So, knowing I was having a boy, it made me sad.

God has an incredible sense of humor. Mom went back to work and Mike and I went to go eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A in Edmond. It was PACKED!!! There were tons and tons of little kids there. I watched the kids...not trying to be judgemental or anything, but because of what I was experiencing inside of me and knowing how I felt about the news I had just heard. I noticed that tbe boys were incrediblly adorable! Very calm for the most part and loving on their mommas. The girls were not so cute! Most of them were crying, throwing fits, acting like spoiled brats even. At one point, someone's daughter threw food and it landed right on our table! Of course the parents were totally embarrased (poor souls) and I told them not to worry about it. I knew what God was trying to show me and I knew that I needed to listen.

When I got home, I went to facebook to make the announcement about little Evan Michael. I was still struggling with being thrilled with the news. I sat here at the computer and was still dreaming about what it would be like to know I was having a girl. Mike came into me and tears just started streaming down my face. Then of course, momma feels SO GUILTY! As I am crying and Mike is holding me, I look at him and tell him that I am the worst person in the world. He of course tells me that I am not. I tell him I am horrible because there are SO many women who would LOVE to be in my position right now. SO many women want babies that can't get pregnant. SO many women would love to find out they are having a healthy baby boy and I am sitting here blubbering like an awful person! This makes me cry even harder because I do feel so bad about it.

I start feeling little Evan moving inside of me. It was so precious! "Hey mommy!" He's saying to me. "What is up with the tears?! " "Mommy, I'm going to be so wrapped around your finger you won't know what to do with yourself!" "I love you, mommy!" Makes me tear up just sitting here typing about it. I've heard that boys LOVE their mommas! I have this feeling that my heart will be on the OUTSIDE of my body once little Evan gets here and never to return.

Later on that night we went to my parents' house to watch OSU basketball (of course). I was so tired from my day and had a headache. I ate some pizza and felt a little better. I think Evan likes all food because he moves around every time I eat! Mike and I had already picked out Evan's name, but we were throwing names around and cracking ourselves up with names that would go, or sound totally horrible, with the last name Lewis. Pretty hysterical! Then Mike called Evan "E-man" just out of the blue. Mom and I looked at each other and we both LOVED it! So now, our babie's nickname will probably be E-man. SO FUN!

I am now soooo excited about my little Evan. Took mommy a little while to get used to the idea, but I love him so much! I'm ready to go shop for all his little stuff. I am excited to watch and see my baby boy grow up to be a wonderful Godly, Christian man just like his daddy! I hope God does wonderful things with his life and that Evan desires nothing else but to glorify the one who made him. What an awesome responsibility I have to make sure that he grows up knowing God, knowing Jesus as his saviour, and doing things that God gives him the desire of his heart to do. WOW! Thank you, Jesus, for my baby boy!

P.S. We are hoping at our next appointment, Evan will be still long enough to get a picture of his "manhood"! LOL! We could see it on the screen, but we were not able to "capture" anything this time! We will have some explaining to do later in his life. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your p.s.!!! With Alex, we were hoping for a boy, but would be happy w/ either one. With the ultra sound that my doc schedualed at the hospital, they said girl but weren't 100% positive. We ended up doing a 3d/4d just to make sure. I am so happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when we had our ultrasound, and they told me i was having a boy i said "oh my goodness, its sooo big"... and then they printed the picture, and i was looking at his thigh bone. :) i am sure the ultrasound tech thought i was silly. i just didnt know what i was looking for! but really, boys are the BEST

    ReplyDelete