Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recalling my first trimester of pregnancy

I felt so horrible during my first trimester of pregnancy, that I didn't really write anything down from it. I remember most of what happened, though, so I thought I would document it now so I don't forget.

I took the pregnancy test the morning of December 12. We had gone out to eat with my Grandma, Aunt Janet, Cousin Sarah, my sister Amy, and my parents the night before at Teds. I ate a bowl of Chicken Tortilla soup. I remember telling my mom how tired I was and I hadn't felt that great either. I don't remember if I told her I may take a pregnancy test the next morning or not.

I got up around 9am and went to do my normal duty, except this time I took the pregnancy test. I didn't even really look at it because I was so used to them saying "not pregnant" and I honestly thought this one would not be different. When I noticed it said "pregnant" I flipped and yelled at to my hubby from the toilet, "MIKE, IT DOESN'T SAY "NOT"!! " He had no idea that I was even planning on taking the test that morning. He was like, "What are you talking about?!" I yelled, "WE'RE PREGNANT!!" I know, great way to tell my husband he is going to be a dad. I still feel bad about it. I'll do better next time. :)

I wanted to call my mom right away and tell her, but I wanted just HER and my dad to know and I knew there were relatives at their house. So, Mike and I decided to wait until we had our first DR. appointment to confirm the pregnancy and then we would tell our families at Christmas.

December 18, 2009 was our first doctors appointment. They did an ultrasound and found our little bean. We found out I was six weeks a long, we heard the heartbeat, and our tentative due date is somewhere between August 9 and 14 of 2010. TONS of emotions filled my heart and head. SIX weeks and a heartbeat already!! GOD, YOU ARE SO AWESOME!!

December 25, 2009 was when we told my parents and the rest of my family we were expecting. We got a picture of our first sonogram and put it in a "grandparents" frame and gave it to my parents for Christmas. They were SO excited to say the least! We told Mike's family when we saw them around Christmas time.

January 15, 2010 was our second appointment. Everything still looked good, but they couldn't pick up the heartbeat with the doppler. I got another ultrasound and little bean looked more like a baby this time. :) We saw the heartbeat on the screen and watched the baby squirm. This was also the appointment that got me upset with the doctor's office. The ladies downstairs were rude while taking my blood. I am over it now. :)

February 15, 2010 was my third appointment. Mike couldn't go with me this time, so my mom and dad went with me. We all heard the heartbeat on the doppler this time. It was so amazing! I was concentrating on it and the doctor said I didn't look too happy. I was thrilled about it and I told her I was just concentrating because it wasn't a sound I got to hear very often! Then we heard a strange "pow!" sound. "That was a kick" the doctor told us. I hadn't felt anything! LOL!

Weird dreams I have had to date:

I had a dream my baby was so ugly that nobody wanted to touch him or her.

Another weird dream I had was that my baby was born with moles all over it.

I dreamt that my baby was born to another woman and had no idea who I was.

Weird cravings I have had:

I HAD to have a heath bar mix from Braums. I made my cousin Jared go get me one in the ice. He didn't mind, he had just gotten his license and wanted the practice! lol!

I craved grilled cheese and scrambled eggs one night and then another night I HAD to have macaroni and cheese and a baked potato. :)

I have also craved Rasberry Sherbet. I craved this for a couple of weeks. I had Mike take me to like three or four different Braums until I found it. I have also craved lots of different fruits, fried chicken, and cheese covered tator tots.

I think this pretty much sums up my first trimester. I was nauseated a WHOLE lot and only threw up once. I threw up while at Mike's twin brother's house after seeing Avatar and eating movie theater popcorn. NOT FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment