Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Baby appointment

I am now at the point where I am seeing my doctor twice a month. I don't mind it all that much. I really like my doctor. He is awesome and he answers all my questions without feeling stupid. Baby's heartrate was slower this time around (about 144...it is usually in the 152 area), but the nurse said as long as it was above 120, we were good.

I talked to the doctor about what the lady at Miracle Within said about my fluid. I told him that had I been REALLY concerned about it, I would have called him last week and asked to be seen right away (which is NOT a lie). I told him that I knew that the lady was NOT my doctor and that I knew to take whatever she said with a grain of salt. I also told him that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if anything was wrong, they would have let me know by now. He told me that the people that run those places are NOT supposed to tell you anything about your pregnancy since they are not certified and practicing doctors. Made sense to me.

He went ahead and did a quick ultrasound just to be sure and baby's fluid was just fine. He told me the fluid level can vary from day to day and that as long as I don't feel a gush (I am guessing that would be the feeling of my water breaking) and baby is moving around, I am ok. Let me tell you, though, I drink enough water that Mike says I make a fish look like he is dehydrated. I think he is over exaggerating just slightly, but I do drink lots of water. It's really the only thing I do drink. 3 or 4 of those big sonic cups a day or more. I also learned today that the baby's amniotic fluid is his urine....GROSS!!

I am starting to swell in my ankles and feet. I can feel it. I can see it, too, but Mike says he can't tell a difference. I'm ready for this part of pregnancy to be over, too!

We had our baby caretaking class tonight. We learned about sponge bathing, swaddling, circumsition care, diapering, etc. I had Mike do most of the practice parts because I have had LOTS and LOTS of practice doing all those things with my cousins and babysitting. Daddy needed more practice than mommy! I wish I had taken our camera because Mike was cracking me up! I'm a little nervous about the breastfeeding because that is something you cannot practice until it is your own baby. That class is next week. Hopefully I get some good pointers.

7 weeks until Little Man Lewis arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment