Friday, June 4, 2010

Pregnancy hormones and MAJOR melt downs..

Baby brain has really not been my friend. I don't believe it is anybody's friend, but it really irritates me. Those of you who know me well, know that I am ALMOST a human calendar and phone book. Mom used to ask me "Who's birthday is this month?" or "What is so and so's phone number?" I feel my remembering powers slip through my hands. Makes me sad!

My last week at the music studio, I had to fill out THREE performance sheets for my students because I kept misplacing them....IRRITATING!! Not only is it irritating, but it is also embarrassing to have to call students or their parents over and over and say, "Would you please tell me again the day, time, and what you are performing..? " (YOUR TEACHER IS LOSING HER MIND!!!)

Just last night, I was babysitting for a friend and was giving her my mom's cell phone number for contact for helping with a baby shower. I have called my mom's cell phone by heart for the last 10 years. When I went to tell her what it was, I gave her half my mom's number and half my husband's. When I said it, it didn't sound right, but for the life of me, I could NOT remember my mom's number. I had to find it in my cell phone. Again, Embarrassing!

As most of you know, I have been collecting addresses for a long time. Not just for baby shower purposes, but also birthday cards, Christmas cards, birth announcements...I mean really, I have never sent out Christmas cards, but it is time to! It takes a long time to collect all of this information. I started early. Bought an address book and started organzing it and feeling pretty good about it. I also have this red bag I carry around. I usually carry my snacks, calendar, reading material, an umbrella, etc. in that bag. Lately, I have carried my address book. This is just so I KNOW where it is. Well, I went looking for it today in my red bag and it was NOT in there. I KNOW that is where I saw it last. I panic. I'm NOT going to get 3 months worth of information from people today. It just isn't going to happen. SO, what is the logical thing to do? Call the hubby, blame him, and ask him where he put it (he moves stuff or "puts things away" alot).

He has NO idea where it is. "Is it in your car?" Is it on your dresser?" NO!! It is not! I am now in the process of crying real and big tears. Not just tears streaming down my face, but blubbering like an idiot. He's trying to console me, but it is not working. I find the address book as I am crying to him on the phone telling him that I am screwed....ALL that work for nothing! I find the address book in the pull out part of our desk. Through my tears I am telling him I found it. He asks me where, but I can't answer. I have to get off the phone. I cry for another ten minutes or so, just because I feel so stupid, but then I know it is baby brain. After I calm down, I sit down to write this blog. Moments like this I don't want to forget...for some reason. :) Mike calls me back and asks where it was and I tell him. He chuckles. And it makes me want to cry all over again.

Please tell me that SOMEDAY I will be normal again!

1 comment:

  1. isnt it crazy, the little things that set you off... as SOON as Jackson was out of me, i was back to "normal"

    ReplyDelete