Monday, June 14, 2010

The nesting continues...

I am 32 weeks pregnant this week, or 8 months. I don't know why they say you are pregnant for 9 months, it really is 10. We officially moved all of our old bedroom furniture into the baby's room (or I should say Mike moved it). Our room looks pretty empty, but Little Man's room is coming along nicely. I'm not stressed about getting it done. There is no reason to be. He will have what he needs when he gets here even if it is not "finished" and that is all that matters.

My new favorite hobby is garage sale shopping. I have gone the last 2 to 3 weeks and I think I am addicted. I'm finding lots of things for little man at prices I can actually afford and that makes this momma SO happy! And of course, daddy thinks it is great, too!

We are still making changes to our house. With my birthday (30 years old! Can you EVEN believe it?!!) coming up and a baby shower at our house in the next two weeks, we decided to make our house look like our home. Pictures are FINALLY being hung and we are in the process of purchasing new bedroom furniture. Exciting, yet exhausting!

Today we woke up to pouring rain. I am always thankful for the rain. Now anyway. Being a homeowner and having to pay to water your lawn changes your thoughts a lot about rain. We didn't have just rain, though. We had floods. Looking in our backyard, we really thought we were having a time of it. Until we turned on the tv and saw the news. The neighborhood down the street from us was completely flooded. Mike took the video camera and video taped it. He wanted me to go with him, but I thought it would be safer for me to stay home. He was gone for quite a long time and I started to get worried. I called his phone only to find that he left it at home. Of course, especially with RAGING hormones, I was NOT happy. I decided that if he didn't drown in one of the floods down the street, that I would just end up killing him when he got home. Needless to say, that didn't happen. :) We felt VERY blessed and fortunate that our house didn't get anymore water than it did. A neighborhood that we ARGUED over buying the house or not, ended up getting completely flooded. Mike admitted he was happy I won that argument. :)

Last Monday, we went to Miracle Within and got Little Man's pictures done. He is SOOO cute! We are still trying to decide if he looks like Mike or me. LOL! The lady doing our ultrasound told me that my fluid is on the low side, but not so low she would call my doctor. Momma did NOT like the sound of that AT ALL. I have been drinking water like crazy and my doctor appointment is on Wednesday of this week, so this is something that WILL be discussed.

I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment